Dorset’s hidden secret!
Situated in the pretty village of Stourton Caundle in the Blackmore Vale, we are an independent, friendly pub at the heart of our community: a stone-built, single-room 17th century inn.
Traditional yet modern – our CAMRA award-winning pub is an attractive blend of old and new, creating an atmosphere which is relaxed and informal, popular with locals and visitors alike.
- Whether inside or out, you can choose from our ever-changing variety of award-winning real ales, our extensive gin menu, selected wines, West Country vodkas - and more!
- Homemade meals freshly prepared for you in The Trooper Kitchen - from Wednesday One Pot, Thursday Tapas Night, Friday Traditional Fish 'n Chips, to our themed food nights!
- We have many events throughout the year, including Folk Nights, Quiz Nights, unique themed Food Nights and our Annual Beer Festival
On Holiday at The Trooper Inn
- Our private 'CS hideaway' camping and caravan site is nestled in a small level field to the rear of the pub.A perfect base from which to explore the region - and to relax.
- Set in the heart of the Blackmore Vale, we are less than an hour's drive from the spectacular Jurassic Coast.And close to the borders of Somerset and Wiltshire too!
- Dogs, walkers and cyclists are welcome.There are lovely local walks and the North Dorset Trailway is nearby.There's plenty to do and see, whether by foot, bike or car!
Our secluded campsite is recommended by the Evening Standard: ’10 of Dorset’s best attractions and camping spots’.
We’d love you to find us!
Look for our brown pub signs from the A357, between Sturminster Newton and Stalbridge – and take a look at this map.
We look forward to seeing you!
Kevin and Zena.